If you travel by road regularly, then you already know the immense importance of autos. Personal cars, trucks, buses, and even motor cycles simplify routine travel and life in general. On the contrary, autos also pose a great deal of risk to motorists and pedestrians on the roads. Auto accidents cause personal injuries, material loss, and in the worst case scenario, death. In the section below, we shall examine the most common types of auto accidents and their prevalence so that you can have better picture of how these accidents impact us.
- Car Accidents – Personal cars constitute a significant number of vehicles on our roads. This class includes salons, wagons, sports coupes, sedans, and SUVs. Given the immense popularity of personal cars, it is not difficult to see why rank highly in terms of auto accidents than all other kinds of vehicles. Slight car accidents can result in whiplash injuries while serious accidents can result in grave injuries and even death on impact. Like other forms of auto accidents, car accidents may culminate in prolonged and costly litigations and claims compensation process. For this reason it’s important to hire a qualified Grand Rapids car accident lawyer to help with your case.
- Bus Accidents – While buses remain the most popular mode of public transport, they also rank high when it comes to auto accidents. Commuters who travel to and from work and those who shuttle between towns and cities prefer buses since they are convenient and easily accessible. School bus crashes still tops the list of bus accidents followed by commuter buses and shuttles. As with other forms of accidents, bus accidents can also turn out to be a costly and painful ordeal when claims and compensation process is delayed.
- Motorcycle Accidents – It is not a secret that motor cycle accidents are the most devastating forms of auto accidents. Individuals who get involved in motorcycle accidents are often bound to sustain serious injuries since they have little protection on impact. Worse still, the risk of fatalities remains significantly higher than even car accidents. Riders who survive accidents may have to live with irreversible physician injuries for the rest of their lives. Perhaps, this is the reason why insurance companies charge higher premiums for motorcycle coverage. In many states, motorcycle falls and accidents are governed by the same laws governing car accidents.
- Truck Accidents – While trucks represent a relatively small percentage of vehicles on the road, they still remain a major cause of auto accidents. 24 and 18-wheeler trucks are commonly used for haulage and since most of them travel long distances and for long hours, they remain a potential source of risk in our interstate highways. Truck accidents can be quite complex especially when they involve multiple cars. A typical compensation case may drag on for a long period of time especially where there are several parties involved.
- Pedestrian Accidents – While many people believe that walking is much safer than driving, statistics tell otherwise. Statistics indicate that over 5000 pedestrians die and 80,000 pedestrians sustain injuries on our roads each year. If these figures are anything to go by then pedestrian accidents cannot be ignored as a serious problem. The common cause of pedestrian accidents is negligent driving which results in brain, spine, and neck injuries and even instant death.
Call for a free phone consultation. Our office can help.
source link KRUPP LAW OFFICES PC
http://ourfamilyspa.com/make-spa-products/ Grand Rapids Auto Accident Lawyer
161 Ottawa NW Suite 404
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
616-459-6636 or firstname.lastname@example.org